Holger Levsen writes ("Re: [RFC] General Resolution to deploy tag2upload"):
> does it matter if this GR is about a design? currently the RFC is not to
> vote about an implementation... :/
>
> (to be clear: I do find it very wrong to vote about a design, not an
> implementation. I'd probably also would find it wrong to vote for an
> implementation, but it's worse to decide by vote that a design should
> be implemented.)

As noted by Sean, most of the implementation already exists.

I demonstrated an upload in a lightning talk in Curitiba in 2019,
and again in my talk in the 2023 Cambridge MiniDebconf. [1]

I stopped working on the final implementation details when it became
clear that deployment would be rejected by ftpmaster.  Are you saying
you think I should complete the programming work now, and hope that
the political blockage will be overcome in the future?  It's been 4
years already and there has been no movement.

Ian.

[1]
 video of my 2023 talk, slides, and transcript:
 https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/gb/2023/MiniDebConfCambridge/Jackson

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.