Le jeudi, 27 juin 2024, 09.15:42 h CEST Sean Whitton a écrit :
> =====
> BEGIN FORMAL RESOLUTION TEXT
>
> tag2upload allows DDs and DMs to upload simply by using the
> git-debpush(1) script to push a signed git tag.
>
> 1. tag2upload, in the form designed and implemented by Sean Whitton and
>    Ian Jackson, and design reviewed by Jonathan McDowell and Russ
>    Allbery, should be deployed to official Debian infrastructure.
>
> 2. Under Constitution §4.1(3), we overrule the ftpmaster delegate's
>    decision: the Debian Archive should be configured to accept and trust
>    uploads from the tag2upload service.
>
> 3. Future changes to tag2upload should follow normal Debian processes.
>
> 4. Nothing in this resolution should be taken as requiring maintainers
>    to use any particular git or salsa workflows.
>
> END FORMAL RESOLUTION TEXT
> =====

Seconded, thanks for the extensive discussion and work towards that goal.

I'm of course worried by the potential disruptions on motivation and morale
for the FTP team, but I (currently) feel that the potential benefits from a
working tag2upload are worth at least having that vote.

I wonder if certain amendments would make sense and better the ballot (such as
weakening the "should be deployed" towards a "ftpmaster are encouraged to
consider deploying", or so), but I don't have the mental space or bandwidth to
think of a good one.

--
    OdyX