Hi Edward & Thomas,

I prepared python-chess-com-api for home-assistant. Thomas sent me some review
notes, which I think I've remediated. During the course I had to make some more
changes to the docs package, which led to relatively more commits than I
anticipated, but hey.

Below is my follow up of all review notes. I think python-chess-com-api is
ready for more review or upload to NEW.

Br,

Pieter

Thomas, your comments were:

> plenae: Is it using upstream git tag for the orig.tar.gz ?
> Or did you forget to push upstream and pristine-tar branch ?

I've started using dgit on Edward's pointer. dgit has no separate upstream and
pristine-tar branches. You edit upstream directly on their main branch and dgit
keeps track of your patches by consolidating them in
debian/patches/dgit-changes.

This workflow is documented in dgit's man page dgit-maint-merge (7).

> Also, a "dch -r" wouldn't hurt if you expect me to upload ... :P

Done.

> plenae: Can you rename debian/patches/dgit-changes as 
> debian/patches/dgit-changes.patch ?

Ref above, I think that would break the dgit-maint-merge (7) flow. I've not
renamed the patch.

> plenae: Also, instead of patching upstream tests, I would strongly advise to
> skip them with some debian/rules magic. Less patches = less need to rebase 
> when
> you package a new upsream release.
> 
> In your case you can add to d/rules: export
> PYBUILD_TESTS_ARGS= --ignore tests/test_client.py --ignore
> tests/test_integration.py if you don't want to run these.
> 
> Otherwise, -k "not SomeClassName and not OtherClassName and not
> test_some_test_methods" works too...

Thanks! That's a lot cleaner. I went for the PYBUILD_TEST_ARG= --ignore etc
pattern.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to