On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 03:34:15PM -0700, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> CVSROOT:      /cvs/webwml
> Module name:  webwml
> Changes by:   dmartinez       01/05/25 15:34:15
>
> Modified files:
>       english/MailingLists: mklist.tags
>
> Log message:
> Added several spaces at the end of German, Spanish and Swedish translations.
> It seems that WML doesn't treat newlines as blank spaces, and the final word
> in several sentences is joint with the next one.

Wml eats whitespace when aksed. In this case it is due to the
whitespace=delete in the tag definition. Tags should include
whitespace around them when used if that is what is intended
and should only include the whitespace=delete if that is what is
really wanted.

An example is worth a thousand words:
<define-tag aa whitespace=delete>
   [EN:hello world:]
</define-tag>

x<aa>y    ->    xhello worldy
x <aa> y  ->    x hello world y

If the whitespace=delete was left out of the tag definition, then
x<aa>y
gives
   hello world

Note: the examples are untested, so I may have made a minor mistake.
--
James (Jay) Treacy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]