hmmm....
It was there before. Was flashplugin-nonfree removed from debian repository?

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=flashplugin-nonfree

while we find what has happen try using these instructions:
http://wiki.debian.org/Manual-Howto#head-982d3caa6c2f1c99d768fe805ac7194f532899a7

Lucas

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Tim Legg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Regarding the page http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer,
>
> In executing the step,
>
> # apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> I get an error,
>
> Package flashplugin-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> E: Package flashplugin-nonfree has no installation candidate
>
> Obviously there was an ommission of a step somewhere within the process or
> that the document has become a bit obsolete.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>

> A bit off-topic:  For some reason, none of the methods I used in the past for
> installing Flash Player for previous versions of Debian work in my freshly
> installed 4.0r5.  I usually download the tar.gz from adobe.  Neither epihany
> nor iceweasel seem to see the plugin, even though the plugin was copied
> correctly to the mozilla plugins directory, so there seems to be a larger
> problem at hand.  I will figure it out when it becomes a priority and some
> related posts start appearing on forums.  It isn't urgent at all and I can
> still boot my older 4.0r3 when I need flash or sound to work.
>

> --

Turbogears2 Manual
http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/TurboGears2
Bazaar and Launchpad