On Lu, 12 nov 12, 16:27:11, Don Armstrong wrote:

> > This would expose the full e-mail address whether scramble is "yes" or
> > "no".
>
> Sure, but the e-mail address is exposed anyway. [I'd personally just
> drop the scramble thing entirely, but whatever.]

One other situation to consider is organisations which don't want to
have an e-mail address listed at all, since they are using contact forms
on their website. Using the BTS exclusively would expose non-public
e-mail addresses (the ones used to submit the request).

Personally I don't have anything against complete openness or exposing
e-mail addresses as long as this is quite clear in advance for any
potential partners, but I don't think this will help a lot with
processing the requests. In my opinion a lot more automation is needed,
not only for the adding part, but also for periodic pings, etc.

Kind regards,
Andrei