Hi Axel,

Axel Beckert <a...@debian.org> (2018-12-25):
> wml package maintainer here.
>
> For multiple Debian releases I've kept newer WML releases in
> experimental as they crashed rather often with my own WML based
> projects.
>
> I recently uploaded 2.10.1 to experimental which seems to work
> identical to 2.0.12. I just had to include a few patches for making
> wmk and some corner cases work properly again. And with them works
> well on my own projects as well as with webwml (tried English, German
> and Japanese).
>
> All were built without glitches and english took nearly an hour to
> complete on my laptop, but did complete without a single non-zero exit
> code.
>
> With the exception of a bunch of CSS paths deeper down, the website
> generated with it looks fine to me.
>
> So I intent to upload the just released version 2.12.0 (which
> incorporates all the fixes I had to put into the Debian package) to
> unstable before New Year's eve.
>
> I'd be happy if someone else could also do some checks to ensure the
> WWW team won't have too many headaches when www.debian.org (or
> whereever the pages are actually built) gets upgraded to buster.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I've filed a bunch of bug reports against www.debian.org according to my
findings, a lot of them being about leftovers or various things related
to the build system. Changes likely linked to the wml update are in the
last bug report:

    #924135: clean-up: old .cvsignore files
    #924136: README: mention at least make
    #924137: www.debian.org: debian.org metapackage: add python python-lxml
    #924139: www.debian.org: migrate from python to python3
    #924140: README: please mention STRICT_ERROR_CHECKS=1 USE_SAMPLE_FILES=1
    #924143: www.debian.org: debian.org metapackage: add dependency for
Locale::Codes
    #924144: www.debian.org: debian.org metapackage: missing libgd-perl
dependency
    #924146: www.debian.org: possible leftover:
norwegian/Bugs/pseudo-packages.inc
    #924172: www.debian.org: differences under english/ between builds in
stretch and buster

Now looking at making it easier to compare a full build instead of just
a single directory.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>