You didn't reply to the first part of my question - that the RSS icon no
longer links to anything. That is probably not intentional.

Yes, I think you should consider renaming the new page. You are correct
that with the correct user agent, you do indeed get the RSS / RDF feed.
However, it's confusing and not very common to have the same URL for the
feed as for the web page.

Regards,
Hans