Hi all,

I like to find scripts in the webwml repo that are not used any more
but were not removed from the git repo.
Therefore I suggest to add a comment to those scripts, that are still
used anyone like translators or by our cron jobs.

I did this already for some script as you can see in
git show 89df02f8989c7a72150aac9ac05801f487ed226e

Please check the scripts that you are using and add the comment
"# This script is still used in 2024"

If you find scripts (in your translation directory) that you know
are not longer used, please just remove it from the git repository.

You can find all scripts by using this command:
find ! -type d ! -type l -perm -a+x

For e.g. I guess these scripts in may be removed, since the english
version was removed in 2013 and for e.g. the german version still
includes the non-existing english file.

./portuguese/News/weekly/makemail.pl
./russian/News/weekly/makemail.pl
./german/News/weekly/makemail.pl

I'm also not sure if these for e.g. are still needed. Does anyone know?
switch_to_git_translations.pl
vcs-test.pl

There are many more examples which may be obsolete.

--
regards Thomas