On Sat, Apr 27, 2024 at 10:15:19AM +0100, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon 15 Apr 2024 at 09:59am GMT, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 14, 2024 at 08:43:51PM +0800, Sean Whitton wrote:
> >> ... but if dev-ref is already shipping both, maybe singlepage is indeed
> >> usable these days ...
> >
> > I think it is.

> >> Hrm.  That seems like a pretty serious problem :\
> >
> > I wouldnt call it serious. annoying yes, maybe.
> >
> >> Holger L., did you know about this issue?
> >> Did you decide it was worth publishing anyway?
> >
> > yes.
> >
> > https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#how-could-installing-a-package-into-testing-possibly-break-other-packages
> > or (single page)
> > https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/developers-reference.en.html#how-could-installing-a-package-into-testing-possibly-break-other-packages
> > both show four footnotes, right where they belong, it's just that
> > each foot note is numbered and that [1] or [2] or whatever is
> > a link, pointing to a wrong place.
> >
> > I agree it's a bug, but I do think it's a pretty harmless one.
>
> Thanks.  I'd be grateful for some feedback from other regular Policy
> contributors.

My view is that any issue with single-page is much more likely to be fixed if
we use it than if we do not.

I note that the links from the text to the footnotes are correct, it is only
the backlink from the
footnotes to the text which are wrong. I consider this minor.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballo...@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.