On my computer, when you start X the backspace key produces delete. I have
checked this with xev. I have noticed, upon starting X, an error message
that /usr/lib/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp doesn't exist. I have recently
installed a new version of X debian linux. Do you know what this file is
and/or what it should be? It seems to be calling this file as a shell
script.

--
Andrew MacKinnon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]