Eduard Bloch wrote:

> Hugo van der Merwe wrote on Thu Sep 27, 2001 um 06:43:17PM:
>
> > then after a few minutes my keyboard and PS/2 mouse become unresponsive.
> > My Serial mouse still works though...
>
> I could reproduce it a while ago with kernel 2.2.19. After loading
> fail-safe setting in my BIOS, the problem disappeared. I still suspect
> xserver-xfree86 to be buggy, the problem did never appear with kernel
> 2.4 and did not appear after playing with BIOS on these day.

And your conclusion is that the X server is buggy?

> > perfectly again. Any ideas how I can debug this? I think I will try
> > enabling dual-mouse support in gpm and using it's repeater... I dodn't
>
> I was using the repeater. Did not help.

All the more I highly doubt it can be the X server's fault.

We've had similar problems with a box in the office and we finally returned
it. You're lucky if you can fix it with certain kernels or fiddling in the
BIOS. ;)

PS: This thread has been OT here all along, so if there need to be followups,
I suggest they are directed to the appropriate places.