Branden Robinson wrote:
> gdm ignores it, too.
>
> I went to all this trouble to make session management nice for the
> various and sundry desktops in Debian, and then all the other display
> managers force people into the corresponding desktop environment at
> gunpoint ("because that's what upstream does").

I use gdm and last time I tried it worked fine if you select "Debian"
from the "Session" menu in gdm. Sucks that it's not the default, but it
isn't exactly "at gunpoint", at least.

I can't speak for any of the others, and I'm just a user anyway.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer
NetReach - Internet Solutions