So I removed those lines (while still having revision 830) and indeed X
doesn't freeze upon start. Then I updated to revision 842 (and verified that
the update didn't add those lines back) and verified again that the X freeze
don't happen at startup.
So this problem seem solved!!! BTW I don't remember having so many reboots
(either deliberate or forced) in such a sort time since win95 :-)

Thanks a lot.
n.