Hi,

(please keep the bug in Cc for your replies.)

Tayroni Francisco de Alencar <tayroni.al...@gmail.com> (13/02/2011):
> Output of  "cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep /dev/input"
[…]
> (II) config/udev: Adding input device AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint
> (/dev/input/event7)
> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event7"
> (II) config/udev: Adding input device AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint
> (/dev/input/mouse2)
> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse2"
> (II) config/udev: Adding input device PC Speaker (/dev/input/event5)
>
> I identified the touchpad as the /dev/input/event6

That looks like event7 instead?

Anyway, please test with *evtest*, rather than with xev. To do so,
switch to a text VT (IOW: not from inside X), then run this as root:
  evtest /dev/input/event7

Then press buttons, and check whether LeftBtn and RightBtn appear. If
that's the case, bug in X/synaptics driver (and we'll try to
investigate further). If that's not the case, bug in the kernel (and
we'll reassign).

KiBi.