Hello Wiertel,
On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 02:44:18AM -0700, wiertel wrote:
> I could give you more details if you like, but using xorg.conf like
> back in the old days should be enought.

Thanks for the hint. The following workaround works on my machine:

Adding the line
udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=input --action=change
to /etc/rc.local

I'm currently looking if there is some error message early in the boot
process.

> I don't see any line like egrep 'Loading.*input' /var/log/Xorg.0.log in your
> log. I'm quite sure there should be some.

The udev maintainer assumes an error early in the boot process (cf.
#633441 for details).

Greetings

          Helge
--