Am 15.03.2012 um 07:14 schrieb Andreas Glaeser:

> Package: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
> Version: 1:0.0.16+git20111201+b5534a1-1
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
> The problem about kernel-stability I mentioned in bug #661792 has nothing to
> do with the
> kernel itself, but is due to permutating symlinks in /boot/ the images only
> boots once,
> then might be the 'old' kernel next time, or the system does not boot at all,
> neither the
> 'default' nor 'old'. It should be sufficient to write-protect those links,
> did not try
> this yet.
> I included all the log-files mentioned below. Including the tested
> xorg-configurations would probably not make much sense since none of them was
> really
> workable. When I tried to use the 'nv'-module instead of 'nouveau', this did
> not work as
> expected either, with the ATI-rage-128 graphics card autoconfiguration of the
> xserver
> failed completely, showing only pixel-mud on the screen instead of an
> x-server-output. So
> possibly there should be an xorg.conf put in place before inserting the card.
> In spite of
> framebuffer-graphics one can not complain about the speed or latency of 2d
> graphics,
> that's not bad really.

You are actually using the fbdev driver, because nouveau fails to load.
This could happen because your kernel does not include the nouveau
kernel module, or because nvidiafb is loaded before it (e.g. when
nvidiafb is built in).  See bug #608846 on the latter topic.

> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: wheezy/sid
>   APT prefers testing
>   APT policy: (800, 'testing')
> Architecture: powerpc (ppc)
>
> Kernel: Linux 3.2.6g4edt

Please try an official Debian kernel with the "video=nvidiafb:off"
boot parameter.

Cheers,
       Sven