On 19.09.2014 18:50, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On 18.09.2014 23:33, Bill Chatfield wrote:
It would seem so, but it is the right information. I double checked
that it is right by booting without the video kernel parameter and
running dmesg.

Okay, so I think your original problem is because the Xorg fbdev driver
uses the colour depth from console by default, and I guess the login
manager you're using can't deal with that.

To clarify, I mean it can't deal with depth 8 pseudo-colour.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer