On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 08:11:56AM -0800, Nigra Truo wrote:
> I found some logs that show that nouveau is logging some insane amount of
> stuff, seems to be errors nonstop, in one instance it is more than a
> thousand lines of the very same error.
> I attached the logs.

I'm afraid I'm not someone who can help you, I'm merely an user who got the
same problem.  It does seem like a kernel driver rather than X driver
problem too.  I guess, it'd be best to send the report/logs to nouveau guys
upstream.

> One thing I wonder is how to deactivate nouveau for now, I can't work with
> my computer crashing every 5 minutes. Since reporting this bug, the machine
> crashed about 20 times already, I'm not kidding, this is not Debian Stable,
> far from it and it must stop, I need a workaround for this. Is there a way
> to disable hardware accelleration?

Setting the X driver to vesa maybe?  My solution is to use the proprietary
driver, it works fine for me.

I couldn't reboot with nouveau on new kernel before then got distracted,
I'll see if it fixes things.  But, my logs and your logs look totally
different so there's a big chance it's a different bug with same symptoms.

> A good question would be how to get a newer kernel on Debian Stable and get
> a newer version of nouveau too.

It will hit backports in a while, currently both jessie-backports and
unstable got 4.2.  The nouveau overhaul is in 4.3, which currently is only
in experimental.  As jessie is pretty recent, I believe the experimental
kernel can be installed without much trouble.

Or, you can compile your own kernel, please say so if you need help.

--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.