Package: xserver-xorg-input-libinput
Followup-For: Bug #823286

Hello,

seems like this problem bothers a lot of people (if you google there are a lot
of forum threads about this).  Mostly because this change happened without
notification and everyone's confused. There should've been a warning during the
installation that the synaptics driver will be replaced and the configs won't
work anymore. Or better: Import the existing configs. But doing it without is
pretty annoying.
Also no tool out there seems to recognize the new drivers so you can't create
new setting. Maybe you could manually but also all manuals are outdated now and
there is no valid information available (at least not the manuals I found, like
the debian wiki). Seems like everyone got shot between the eyes.
The most common approach I found is to uninstall the xserver-xorg-input
packages. But that might have side effects. Also I don't think that was the
intended reaction.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 8.4
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-042stab113.21 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)