On Wed, 24 Jul 2024 at 18:35:54 +0800, Bo YU wrote:
> The good news is that llvmpipe support riscv64 with orcjit has been
> merged[0]!
>
> [0]: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/26018

That's great news. I hope that this can be extended to other problematic
architectures like mips64el in future.

> New upstream release fixed the issue see[0]:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=gnome-shell&arch=riscv64

No, the new upstream release works around the issue, allowing it to be
downgraded from RC. The test suite is run with `--no-suite shell`,
first on mips* and then on all architectures.

The fact that a package does not FTBFS does not necessarily imply that
its tests pass: sometimes we are forced to disable failing tests because
Debian's policy around release architectures means that the alternative
would be removing GNOME from Debian, which would be a disservice to
our users.

    smcv