This may be a stupid question, or maybe I just didn't RTFM closely
enough, but Dexter (at least in phase2v29) puts the following into
XF86Config-4:

        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"

I thought, based on the the manual page and the output from
xf86config, that it was supposed to be:

        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"

Did I misunderstand something, or does it make no difference? The
closest thing to an answer that I could find just said that the
"attributes are introduced by a ':' character", which I guess could
mean either way.

Torbjörn Andersson

(By the way, my recent problems with X hanging at startup unless I
either install xfs or remove "unix/:7100" from the font path seem to
have gone away now. I don't know how or why. The CHANGELOG mentions a
recent "infinite loop problem that can show up on server resets" but
I don't know if that's even remotely related.)