retitle 263916 xserver-xfree86: [mga] SEGV when using Linux 2.6.7 kernel on MGA
G200 AGP rev 1 [debugging server works]
thanks

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 11:46:32AM +0200, Igor Mozetic wrote:
> After I installed xserver-xfree86-dbg, X work fine.  Apparently the
> problem is with xserver modules.  I have tried the same on two different
> machines with equal video card - effect is the same: with xserver-xfree86
> the server doesn't start, with xserver-xfree86-dbg server works fine.

Thanks for following up!

I'm glad to hear there is a workaround for this bug.

I'm still not sure why you're experiencing it, though, so I am leaving the
"help" tag intact on this bug.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Any man who does not realize that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    he is half an animal is only half a