Mike Beattie wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 11:11:12AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>> I have felt consistently under pressure to do 2 things:
>>
>> 1) release xfree86 4.3.0-1 to sid ASAP
>> 2) delegate responsibility ASAP
>>
>> Very few actions serve both goals at once, so time spent on one is,
>> obviously, time not spent on the other.
>
>If you'd pulled your head out of no particular place, you'd see that if you
>delegated to Daniel in the first instance, you would have achieved both
>goals... But that's said with a certain degree of naivety.

Yes -- both you and Branden have omitted the all-important third goal:

3) Have xfree86 4.3.0-1 without any significant regressions from 4.2.1-16.
(so, among other things, that it can get into sarge quickly).

This is what the patch audit (among other things) is for.  Uploading xfree86
4.3.0-1 before the patch audit is finished is harmful to this unspoken third
goal.

Luckily, I have basically finished auditing the patches -- now other people
just have to deal with the few that *aren't* upstream or merged already.