On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:27:40AM +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> I have a radeon card. But this bug seams to be in other driver.
>
> The system freeze the mouse and the keyboard (together) randomely. All
> other like opening windows (remotely) or the normal displayfunktionality
> works on. I only have no control over it. I can also not switch to a
> console so I have to login from remote and kill the xserver with loosing
> all open windows.
[...]
> Section "InputDevice"
>       Identifier      "Stift 1"
>       Driver          "wacom"
>       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/event0"
>       Option          "Type"                  "stylus"
>       Option          "Mode"                  "absolute"
>       Option          "USB"                   "on"
>       Option          "Tilt"                  "on"
>       Option          "ResolutionX"           "1270"
>       Option          "ResolutionY"           "1270"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>       Identifier      "Stift 2"
>       Driver          "wacom"
>       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/event0"
>       Option          "Type"                  "stylus"
>       Option          "Mode"                  "absolute"
>       Option          "USB"                   "on"
>       Option          "Tilt"                  "on"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>       Identifier      "Radierer 1"
>       Driver          "wacom"
>       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/event0"
>       Option          "Type"                  "eraser"
>       Option          "Mode"                  "absolute"
>       Option          "USB"                   "on"
>       Option          "Tilt"                  "on"
>       Option          "ResolutionX"           "1270"
>       Option          "ResolutionY"           "1270"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>       Identifier      "Radierer 2"
>       Driver          "wacom"
>       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/event0"
>       Option          "Type"                  "eraser"
>       Option          "Mode"                  "absolute"
>       Option          "USB"                   "on"
>       Option          "Tilt"                  "on"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>       Identifier      "Maus 1"
>       Driver          "wacom"
>       Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/event0"
>       Option          "Type"                  "cursor"
>       Option          "Mode"                  "relative"
>       Option          "USB"                   "on"
> EndSection
[...]

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:39:41AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 08:27, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> >
> > The system freeze the mouse and the keyboard (together) randomely. All
> > other like opening windows (remotely) or the normal displayfunktionality
> > works on. I only have no control over it. I can also not switch to a
> > console so I have to login from remote and kill the xserver with loosing
> > all open windows.
>
> [...]
>
> > (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/event0
> >     No such device.
>
> I wonder if it's related to these errors about /dev/input/event0?

I agree.  Mr. Ethgen, your input device configuration looks pathological
to me.  I am not sure it is reasonable to load 5 instances of the wacom
driver, each with a different configuration, point them all at the same
port, and expect things to work.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I must despise the world which does
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    not know that music is a higher