On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:18:28PM +1000, Sam Couter wrote:
> Branden Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If someone can identify the upstream revision that fixes this, a
> > backport can be attempted.  Otherwise we'll have to wait, probably for
> > XFree86 4.4.0.
>
> As of xserver-xfree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 (or possibly earlier), this bug no
> longer manifests on my system.

Thanks for following up, and I'm glad to hear the problem is resolved!

> I haven't tried turning hardware acceleration back on until now, so I
> can't give a more accurate estimate of when the poor behaviour stopped.

If you have the time and patience, you might try selectively downgrading
your xserver-xfree86 to various previous versions, courtesy of
snapshot.debian.net:

http://snapshot.debian.net/

Just enter "xfree86" into the "package name:" field and click the
"details".

You will then be presented with a list of historical directories
corresponding to various package versions.  You can download packages
from any of these.

> I also don't really know if the bug is fixed or just in hiding.

Well, the latter is always a possibility when we don't truly understand
the problem, but it always possible to re-file the bug later should it
recur.

Mr. Bilderbeek, has this problem also been resolved for you?  If so, I
will close these bugs.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     It just seems to me that you are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     willfully entering an arse-kicking