On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:55:33PM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:

> I think this was the general direction you were going anyway, but wanted to
> point out that Robert's k*BSD.cf (Glibc-based) [...]

Actualy, my k*BSD.cf files only contain kernel stuff. The Glibc-based
GNU/k*BSD ports use gnu.cf directly (as Glibc systems this works fine).

Now that Michael has overhauled gnu.cf, my idea is to merge the (minor) k*BSD
bits into a conditionalised section in gnu.cf, together with a bunch of
conditionalised sections copied from linux.cf. This way we can get all
Glibc-based ports to use the same base configuration.

As for non-Glibc ports, we will have to split the Debian bits out of gnu.cf
into, say, debian.cf. Then both gnu.cf and NetBSD.cf can use that.

What do you people think?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)