Branden,

Unfortunately, I have not had any success finding out what the register pokes
do.  My searches have not yielded any results.  I emailed the submitter of the
earliest patch with this poke (the linux kernel framebuffer).  He has not
responded.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here.  Do you have any ideas?

Tony

(http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Jan/att-6384/neofb-0.3.1-linux-2.4.18-pre6.patch),

(http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/*checkout*/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/neomagic/neo_driver.c?rev=1.67)