Hi!

Branden Robinson wrote:
Hmm...did you perhaps upgrade your kernel?

Yes, but after building my own 2.6.9, everything worked for several days up to 'day X'. I can only imagine that cron-apt updated some packages, other changes were not done.

What I did then was:

- dumping my former-Woody-then-dist_upgraded-to-Sarge-Debian
- installed Sarge from scratch without cron-apt
- built my own 2.9.10rc2 vanilla kernel

After that, everything worked again like it did before which includes freezing occasionally under high system load (could be exhausted swap space and not a bug).

Sorry that I cannot help really, but I need this machine for my everyday's work (it is not a home user's box).

Regards
Olaf