retitle 284245 xserver-xfree86: [ati/radeon] X server leaks memory when
Xinerama enabled on Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE] rev 0
tag 284245 + upstream help
thanks

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 01:29:59PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Package: xserver-xfree86
> Version: 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8
> Severity: normal
>
> It is a severe memory leak when enabled Xinerama. Committed memory usage
> climbs to entire amount of physical+swap. Must kill X server and restart
> display manager to free memory. Quitting X session back to display
> manager frees memory not.
[...]
> (--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE] rev
> 0, Mem @ 0xd0000000/27, 0xdfef0000/16, I/O @ 0x8800/8, BIOS @ 0xdfec0000/17

I'm going to need help with this one, as I do not have a dual-head set of
any kind to experiment with.

I'd also be curious to know if people using drivers other than "radeon" are
seeing this.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The first thing the communists do
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when they take over a country is to