On Tuesday, April 18 2006 11:30, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 05:02:12AM +0300, Shai Berger wrote:
> > Package: xserver-xorg
> > Version: 1:7.0.12
> > Severity: normal
> >

> > Following the transition to xkb-data and xkeyboard-config, I was
> > told to put my customized xkb files aside and make the server use
> > them by setting the XKBPATH. However, setting the XKBPATH variable
> > didn't work (seems like the variable was ignored; I tried setting it
> > in a user's login shell as well as root's shell, then restarting X).
>
> It works for me.
> My default XKB settings with xkb-data:
>   $ setxkbmap -print

This works for me too -- that is, when XKBPATH is set, setxkbmap does the
right thing. Still, startx does not. In :0, I ran the setxkbmap | xkbcomp
pipe, and in :1, I didn't. :1 was started manually from a shell where XKBPATH
was set (I have another problem, and that is setting XKBPATH for the server
that is started automatically with the system). The results I get are:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ xkbcomp :0 - | grep xkb_symbols
xkb_symbols "pc/pc(pc105)+pc/us+pc/il:2+group(alt_caps_toggle)" {

Which is what I want, but

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ xkbcomp :1 - | grep xkb_symbols
xkb_symbols "pc(pc105)+us+il:2" {

Which tells me the files including the definition for grp:alt_caps_toggle,
which is referenced in my xorg.conf, weren't consulted.

Thanks,
        Shai.