On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 07:26:46AM -0500, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting David Nusinow ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> >    So we need to talk about how we manage the svn archive and plans for the
> > future. Given upstream's move, I think it's pretty apparent that if we are
> > going to change our repository, it's going to be to git. Since a number of
>

> /me dances happily when learning that I will have to learn Yet Another
> Source Control Management System if I want to continue maintaining the
> debconf l10n.
>
> Sure, this is a very minor aspect of the development of X packages,
> but if my vote has some importance, it would definitely go for "stick
> with SVN".

This is an important point, but to be honest you won't have to do much to
learn the stuff from git that you'll need. git clone/commit -a/diff/push
origin. Those commands should be sufficient for your needs. See also
http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/UsingGit for more info.

That said, I'm a git newbie myself, so I share the trepidation about the
idea. On the other hand, I've seen some of the benefits upstream and I'm
excited by the possibilities it offers us.

 - David Nusinow