On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 12:42:51AM +0200, Ji???? Pale??ek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >I'd be stunned if this was actually a server problem, and not a
> >client-side problem related to grabs.  Which window manager do you use?
> >Does changing it fix anything?
>
> I use openbox. However, I don't think it's a client side problem, as
> no grabs can prevent Ctrl-Alt-F1 and such to work. The freezes seem
> random -- the last one I experienced (after ~week of flawless work)
> occured after I opened a file with kate.
>
> Regards
>    Jiri Palecek

You're lucky.  I might be able to use X in Debian if it only crashed
once a week.  As it is, I'm still dual-booting Ubuntu if I want to get
any work done.

I use icewm and gdm.  As mentioned on the original bug report, it
randomly freezes even when I use a remote machine via XDMCP.
The local machine that's running the X server still freezes randomly.
I suppose the remote client could ask for things that freeze the
server, but isn't that still a server problem?

-- hendrik