On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 09:29:45AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why you're not using
> AIGLX?

I'm not running these apps remotely, but locally.  The ati DRI driver
has consistently crashed my box during the last 4-5 years, so I'm using
it only when really needed.  I'll have to raise this issue to X.org,
since I never had much feedback from GATOS when I mentionned this
problem.

As a sidenote, I was not aware that we had AIGLX available in stock
Debian - will have a look at that some day :)

> > I could also get a segfault from paraprof (java app not yet packaged,
> > from source packaged tau).  It uses OpenGL through JOGL.  Here I could
> > fire up a 3D display, rotate it around several axes, and got it to crash
> > when zooming in, as follows.  Looks like the crash happens when "enough
> > of the scene gets out of the display window".  The backtrace is different
> > though, maybe I should open another bug ?  Especially, I'm not sure at
> > all there are anything clipped outside the window in the tulip case.
>
> You should really report these upstream.

'k, will do.

Best regards,
--
Yann.