Hermann Kraus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've done further testing and the same problem occurs with supsend to
> disk (software suspend2). Sometimes during suspend sometimes during
> resume a kernel oops is printed.

A oops is definitely a kernel problem first. If it still happens with
2.6.21-rc5, you should send the backtrace and details to reproduce to
the kernel mailing list.

> Also the backlight is turned off and on twice when starting the server.

I have seen this a couple times too. Doesn't hurt as long as it is
turned back on later :)

> So this xserver is not suitable for everyday use yet and I have to
> uninstall it. If you have any suggestions please mail me again. For
> the moment I'll stick with the old driver from unstable.

My Dell Latitude D420 seems pretty similar to your machine from what I
see in the PCI scan in your Xorg.0.log. At least the video board is the
same and the same resolutions are supported by the hardware. And I get
1280x800 fine with Xserver 1.3-rc3 and the Intel driver 2.0-rc3 (rc2 was
working fine too from what I remember, I never tried with the
modesettings driver). So I suggest you try xserver-xorg-core
2:1.2.99.903-1 and xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:1.9.93-1 (both are the
-rc3 releases).

What looks strange anyway is that you claimed to have tested with -rc1
in a previous message (core 2:1.2.99.901-1 and intel 2:1.9.91-1) while
the Xorg.0.log says rc2.

Brice