forcemerge 372079 372067
thank you

> I have not been able to determine whether this package is *supposed* to
> work with DVI output on a Matrox G550 card.  Does regular single-head
> DVI operation require special Matrox modules?

Some problems have been reported [1,2] and should be fixed. I just pingued
your bug #372079 to know its status. I don't think it is a documentation
issue.

> If the driver is slowly picking away at the closed-source, kind of
> working and kind of not but expected to improve and would users please
> report bugs -- that sort of thing -- that would be good to mention.

There are bugs, sorry, and few people to debug them or fix them, so it
takes time to get them fix. If DVI still does not work for you with
latest upstream, you might want to discuss this upstream and maybe even
help them debug/fix.

Brice