On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 09:58:19AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 11:10 +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> >
> > When I start X on my x60s from the dock (where I also have an external
> > screen connected), both the internal and external display will get the
> > resolution from the external display; before it'd use the resolution of
> > the internal display.  This is highly annoying, since the external
> > display has higher resolution than the internal.  So when I undock again
> > I'm left with a laptop that I cannot use in a sane manner because 25% or
> > so of the desktop is outside of the physical screen.
>
> You can't reduce the virtual resolution with xrandr at that point?

Probably; but it's still a nuisance, since there's no way to execute
xrandr from gdm (for instance), so until I log in I cannot change the
resolution.

The only reasonable *default* IMHO is to use the lower resolution for
both screens when using mirrored mode, since that's the only option that
will made things look mirrored (or possible to use the resolution
of the main screen).

Having the configurable is fine by me (I guess some people might find it
useful), but manually invoking xrandr isn't...

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //