Package: xserver-xorg-input-kbd
Version: 1:1.2.0-1+1.2.1
Severity: normal

When the system is under heavy load (especially lots of disk i/o) and I
type in an xterm, sometimes a key will repeat as if pressed for a longer
time (leading to things like "ls /hooooooome" even though I pressed 'o'
just as long as the other letters).

This seems to have started in the past week, just when I moved from the
'keyboard' driver to the 'kbd' driver.

Similarly, the system sometimes seems to pause before registering
keypresses when under load (though it is harder in this case to blame
the driver, since it might simply be the process failing to respond). It
would make sense for this to be related, though, since the repeated keys
could simply be a delayed "key released" event.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.21-1-686 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages xserver-xorg-input-kbd depends on:
ii  libc6                   2.5-11           GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  xserver-xorg-core       2:1.3.0.0.dfsg-6 X.Org X server -- core server

xserver-xorg-input-kbd recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information