Le mardi 26 juin 2007 à 00:42 +0200, Brice Goglin a écrit :
> Lionel Landwerlin wrote:
> > Yes, exactly the same problem. With this test, I now realize that each
> > time a 3d application is started, the kernel crashes if I switch from
> > vt7 (xorg) to vt1 (console). Before a 3d application is started, no
> > problem to switch.
> >

> The "kernel" crashes? Do you have a oops/panic message to show? That
> would a kernel problem first, even if Xorg is doing something wrong, the
> kernel should be able to recover.
I mean, black screen, keyboard locked up, and no way to see a kernel
trace or something (ethernet connection does not work) as soon as I stop
the xserver if a 3d application has been started.

> > Section "Device"
> >     Identifier      "Carte vido gnrique"
> >     Driver          "i810"
> >     BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
> >     VideoRam        131072
> >     Option          "Legacy3D"              "true"
> >     Option          "VBERestore"            "true"
> >     Option          "DynamicClocks"         "true"
> >     Option          "AperTexSize"           "131072"
> >     Option          "ModeDebug"             "true"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "Device"
> >     Identifier      "Carte vido gnrique2"
> >     Driver          "i810"
> >     BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
> >     VideoRam        131072
> >     Option          "Legacy3D"              "true"
> >     Option          "VBERestore"            "true"
> >     Option          "DynamicClocks"         "true"
> >     Option          "Clone"                 "true"
> >     Option          "MonitorLayout"         "CRT,LFP"
> > EndSection
> >

> Does commenting out AperTexSize and/or Legacy3D help?
No effect.

> Since you want Beryl/Compiz to work fine, you might want to try adding:
>     Option          "AccelMethod"   "EXA"
> or
>     Option          "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "on"

Yes, this fix the Beryl/Compiz problem, thx. But I still get the same error
from glxgears.

> > (WW) intel(0): VideoRam configuration found, which is no longer recommended.
> >

> The new Intel driver should detect VideoRAM fine, you should remove this
> option.
>
> > (WW) intel(0): ESR is 0x00000010, page table error
> > (WW) intel(0): PGTBL_ER is 0x00000102, host pte data, display B pte
> > (WW) intel(0): Existing errors found in hardware state.
> >

> Don't know about these errors...
>
> > (WW) intel(0): Option "VBERestore" is not used
> > (WW) intel(0): Option "DynamicClocks" is not used

Ok, thx.