Hi, this is a copy of more data I sent to Bugzilla.Xorg

More comments about the BUG... With my hardware (Dell inspiron 510m, video
Intel 855GM):

a) With version 2.1.0 of the driver and kernel 2.6.21.6, it works. However,
lid resume does not work. I use acpid and vbetool to switch off and on the
screen when I close or open the screen. I can switch between text and graph
mode. It is interesting that with previous i810 driver, when starting or
ending Xorg, there were some "noise" in the screen, seemed that videoram was
not cleared (zeroed). Now the transition between console and X is completely
OK. Here are relevant parts of Xorg.log:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ grep '^(WW)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(WW) Including the default font
path
/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi,/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType.
(WW) intel(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
(WW) intel(0): Register 0x61200 (PP_STATUS) changed from 0xc0000008 to
0xd0000009
(WW) intel(0): PP_STATUS before: on, ready, sequencing idle
(WW) intel(0): PP_STATUS after: on, ready, sequencing on
(WW) intel(0): xf86AllocateGARTMemory: allocation of 10 pages failed
(WW) intel(0): xf86AllocateGARTMemory: allocation of 10 pages failed
(WW) intel(0): Failed to allocate texture space.
(WW) intel(0): xf86AllocateGARTMemory: allocation of 10 pages failed
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2e
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x30
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x32

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ grep '^(EE)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(EE) intel(0): detecting sil164
(EE) intel(0): Unable to read from DVOI2C_E Slave 112.

b) with kernel 2.6.22, it works. But when rebooting or halting, the "black
screen of dead" happens when X is shutting down, and I have to do a hard
reset (the computer completely freezes). If I try to switch to console, black
screen and freeze. The black screen effect in both cases seems to switch off
the LCD. The log is the same that in the previous case.

Please tell me if this information is accurate, or your want me to do further
testing.

Cheers,

Mendi