reopen 443102
retitle 443102 Missing information about deprecation of Xinerama

On 18.09.07 18:03:06, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> > xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.6.193-3. After restarting the XServer I had a
> > garbaged display and couldn't access the second monitor-part. I'm
> > running a pretty usual Xinerama setup on a Radeon Mobility 9200, with
> > the external monitor being a CRT. I'm _not_ using the MergedFB mode as
> > that doesn't work reliably.
> >
> This mode isn't supported in recent versions.  Use dynamic configuration
> with xrandr 1.2 instead.

Re-Opening, IMHO this information belongs into a NEWS file, as it
completely breaks existing XServer installation and its not mentioned
anywhere in the docs of the package.

I'm leaving the severity as it was for now, but if you think this
doesn't break many systems feel free to downgrade to important.

Andreas

--
You have many friends and very few living enemies.