On 11/27/07, Brice Goglin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> > Package: xserver-xorg-video-intel
> > Version: 2:2.2.0-1
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > --- Please enter the report below this line. ---
> >
> > If I switch VTs, manually or automatically due GDM start or whatever,
> > the screen brightness is reduced to 30%.
> > You can reproduce this by openning zsnes, chromium or switching
> > resolution/refresh on the screen resolution GNOME capplet. Also
> > switching to contrl+alt+f1 or any other triggers the problem.
> >

> Can you try running
>    xrandr --output LVDS --set BACKLIGHT_CONTROL legacy
> and see it changes anything?
>
> What if you try "combination", "kernel" or "native" instead?

Ok I tried that, but nothing changed. Or I should say that I couldn't
trigger the bug.
Note that the missing thinkpad|ibm-acpi module seems to be the cause.
I quickly tried your command but nothing seems to have changed, I
tried running zsnes with each variation of the command but nothing
happened.

Shall I try without the module?