Roger Leigh wrote:
reopen 389007
found 389007 1:6.7.197-1
thanks

Dear Brice,

I'm afraid this bug is also present in the current package in
unstable.  As soon as X starts, the monitor powers off.  Killing X or
switching VT have no effect--it stays dead once it's off.

I have attached the Xorg logfile for both versions, but they are
identical.  This seems to be due to the fact that I had to power off
the machine following the monitor turning off--by the fan noise, I
think it had locked up hard; I certainly couldn't make it reboot using
the keyboard.  As a result, both are probably the logfile for
6.6.193-3.

I switched back to 6.6.193-3_powerpc.deb for the time being.

What can I do for you to track this down further?

Can you try xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.7.198~git20071223.ad3325f6-1 currently in experimental? If it doesn't help, please send corresponding log as well as the xrandr output.

You might want to do that withou any xorg.conf at all (to be sure no driver option is disturbing the default behavior).

Brice