Hi,

I had exactly the same problem on my laptop. Backtrace is nearly identical to
the one reported here and in other merged bug reports. X would simply crash
when loading KDE session (nearly the end) leaving video card in semi-broken
state (radeon driver).

2008 m. February 2 d., Saturday, jūs rašėte:
> My kxkb is using the following configuration:
> LayoutList=de(nodeadkeys),us(basic)
> Model=microsoftpro
I can confirm that XkbModel set to "microsoftpro" in xorg.conf was causing the
problem which I solved by commenting this statement out and sticking with the
default keyboard model. The bug is probably more generic as explained in
other bug reports though.

> After the crash, switching to other VTs is also broken (but switching
> back to VT7 with X works).
Indeed, I have noticed the same. For me once the crash broke something in
video bios and as a result garbage was being sent to the monitor even after
full poweroff/power on. I even thought my hardware had broke. Therefore I
think this bug should be at least of 'grave' severity.

--
Modestas Vainius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>