On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 16:11:59 +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Hi,
> the video-newport is an hardware grafix options only available on the
> SGI Indy, Indigo2 and possibly the Indigo. These are architecture mips.
>
> All other archs dont need this packet at all (not even mipsel).

Hi Florian, sorry for the late answer,

we should indeed do this.  One problem though is we can't upload the
package without binaries, and I don't have mips hardware, so this would
require someone to build and upload it on mips every time.  Would you be
willing to do this?  The other option being to build the package on
casals.

Cheers,
Julien