Hi, all.

On Jun 02 2008, Rogério Brito wrote:
> P.S.: I'm more and more convinced that this problem may lay in kernel
> space instead of user space, even though X blurs the whole thing. :-)

Well, it seems that something is way wrong here. I just installed
gcc-3.4 and compiled a kernel 2.6.9 and the result that I got was
exactly the same as before.

That is, even jumping way back from kernel 2.6.26-rc4 to kernel 2.6.9,
things have not changed, which leads me to think that now that the
problem may be connected with Xorg, perhaps... :-(

I'm compiling a 2.6.8 kernel just for some "safety" (since this was the
version that shipped with sarge, wasn't it? my memory isn't that good
here).

Does x.org have something like a git repository? I would be willing to
do some "git bisect" iterations to see if I can find the changeset that
modified this behavior.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : [EMAIL PROTECTED],ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8