On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 12:22 +0200, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Sam Morris wrote:
> > That sounds like what is happening to me, but I don't know what I can do
> > about it without disabling the Synaptics Touchpad device.
> >

> Did you manage to fix this?
> If not, can you send your latest config and log?

Unfortunately I tossed my old laptop for a newer one. However I did work
out what the problem was. xorg.conf (as written during the initial
installaion) contained an entry for a Synaptics Touchpad device that
used /dev/psaux its device. This was fine in older versions of xorg,
however later I upgraded to a newer xserver that interpreted mouse
events from both the synaptics driver and the regular mouse driver
(presumably using /dev/input/mice) simultaneously.

The fix was to comment out the line 'Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"' from
the "Synaptics Touchpad" InputDevice in xorg.conf. So this bug can be
considered fixed if the xorg.conf that is generated by xserver-xorg no
longer contains that directive.

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 1024D/5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078