tags 490013 patch
thanks

On Mon,28.Jul.08, 13:01:40, Igor Stirbu wrote:

[...]

> Finally I came up with a patch that I am pretty sure will help solve
> some issues. Here what it does:
> - remove bad aliases (std was aliased to std_cedilla)
> - changed all references from std_comma to std (std is the reference)
> - added std_comma and comma aliases (as Andrei's patch does)

Isn't it necessary to add the aliases for std_comma and comma
everywhere?

> With this patch setxkbmap returns correct output and xfce4-xkb-plugin
> is happy. I am sure that the bad aliases were the actual bug that had
> to be solved. Pretty amazed how such an obvious thing could slip into
> the wild.

I only hope we are allowed to fix this regression, now that lenny is
frozen...

> Here is another point that I would like to make. In my config us has no
> variant and I thought that it would be redundant to add std variant to ro
> as it is the *standard*. The default for ro seems to be the 'basic' variant.
> How the default variant is chosen? Is it the first one to be listed in
> symbols/ro
> file?

AFAIK 'basic' has always been the default variant. 'std' is only a name
and it actually refers to the fact that it the primary variant according
to the official Romanian standards. Linux always had the secondary
variant as default (see also the comments in the ro symbols file). The
change was only with regards to comma or cedilla below.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)