Sander Marechal wrote:
> marvin:/home/sander# apt-get -t experimental install

Nothing wrong here. The 2.4.0 driver from experimental has been built
for the Xserver 1.4.99 from experimental, which cannot work with drivers
from unstable. So either you upgrade most X packages to experimental
(they work very well here, by the way), or you just stick everything
with from unstable.

> You mean that this bug won't be fixed in Lenny? A bug that causes
> instability, loss of work and requires daily reboots because X dies? I'd
> say that this bug be marked RC.

Switching to XAA is supposed to work around the problem.

We have very few testers of 2.4.0 so far, and there's a least one big
known bug (fixed soon fortunately). We can't just put 2.4.0 in Lenny so
late, it may be too risky. 2.3.2 works fine except in some cases with
EXA, and we have a workaround for these.

Brice