Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 14:28 +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
Hi,

For info, when upgrading to unstable synaptics yesterday (it's in unstable now!!), tapping is not recognised anymore as click. After adding the three lines in xorg.conf, it works.

This is because of an upstream policy change:

  * Tapping is disabled by default. I've gotten some flak about this but
    I maintain that it is the better choice. Tapping is enabled for
    those touchpads that don't have physical buttons though.

This is wrong. I have a MacBookPro with only one button. Tapping is not activated, so I do not have any method to right-click or middle-click.

--
Eugen